Question about glibc-2.2.4-10...

Marian Stepka m.stepka at bb.telecom.sk
Wed Dec 26 14:58:48 CET 2001

Hi;

I have question. I try to install Gnome 1.4 under my RedHat 7.0 Some
components needs libc.so.6 so I downloaded your RPM
glibc-2.2.4-10.i368.rpm and upgraded my old glibc package which come
with my RedHat distribution. Everything go fine, but something wrong
happened to my locale.

Console programs works as before. I heve selected sk_SK locale and all
console applicatos work fine. Something bad happened to Gtk
applications. I have been installed GIMP from sources and all menu items
which been in Slovak disapeared. Same happened to GNOME. Application
starts, but I cannot see for example descriptions for buttons as OK or
Cancel and any descriptions for localized menu items.

I decide to recomile GIMP from sources, but linking fails. It cannot
find symbol named "atexit" referenced in librry libgimp.so I also try to
recompile Gtk+ from sources but get same undefined symbol from library
libgtk.so

I also have installed KDE 2.1 from distribution RPMS this part work as a
before even in correct (Slovak) language, but all Gtk applications under
KDE not. Could you please tell me what is wrong?

Marian Stepka mailto:stepka at tris.sk
My wishlist http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/wishlist/UOEKRXWFAFPX/