[llh-announce] [ANNOUNCE] linux-libc-headers dead

Mariusz Mazur mmazur at kernel.pl
Tue Mar 14 16:19:36 CET 2006

LLH hasn't seen a new release for a lot more than six months now and up until
today I hoped to get back on track with new releases. But I've just spent
some time doing a 2.6.14 update, and it came back to me, that I'd have to
spend up to 10 hours just to get a basic 2.6.14.0 ready. And there'd still be
2.6.15 waiting, 2.6.16 just around the corner plus sorting through all the
bug reports that came in during those months and all the internal rearranging
I either had planned or that's being forced by new kernel releases (eg.
addition of asm-powerpc).

I stopped having both the time and the will for such commitments a couple of
months ago.

Should anyone want to take over, I'd be happy to give hints, pointers, and
whatnot. Just don't get overexcited -- diffs between new kernel versions get
bigger, not smaller, and after a couple of years there's still no long term
solution in sight.

Oh, and women don't fall for the "I hack kernel stuff" line. I was lied to.

--
In the year eighty five ten
God is gonna shake his mighty head