Arch-specific header inconsistency (asm-*/termios.h)

Kyle Moffett mrmacman_g4 at mac.com
Fri Mar 31 02:20:52 CEST 2006

I'm in the process of cleaning up various headers for use from
userspace, and at the same time I'm working to clean up some of the
duplication in the kernel-only portions of those headers.  I'm
running into one oddity that I can't explain.  In the various asm-*/
termios.h files, there are user_termio_to_kernel_termios functions.
The m68k header does this:

get_user((termios)->c_line, &(termio)->c_line);

The i386 header is missing that line, and after macro expansion the
rest of the context is almost exactly identical.  It appears there
are a couple other architectures that fall on both sides of the
fence.  Can anyone explain this apparently aberrant behavior or is
this a bug?  If there's a reason behind it, I'll make sure to put in
a useful comment; otherwise I'll fix it.

Thanks for the help!

Cheers,
Kyle Moffett