joinpasswd

Michal Moskal malekith at pld.org.pl
Mon Aug 13 13:54:26 CEST 2001

On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 01:39:50PM +0200, Michal Kochanowicz wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 01:33:36PM +0200, Michal Moskal wrote:
> > Lukasz Dobrek, on Friday, suggested me writing tool for adding new users from
> > passwd.rpmnew (& Co) files created by setup package upgrade.
> > It is fairly simple, it looks if given user (string follwed by ':') already
> > exists, and if not entire line is added. I have commited it to setup
> > cvs module, file joinpasswd.c.
> I like the idea. And how about same tool for merging group.rpmnew?

& Co means group and shadow too... :)

> > I wonder if there can by an voices against running such program in %post
> > of setup*rpm?
> Again, I like the idea. But I think it should make a backup of old
> passwd and group files. Or maybe creating backup should be implemented
> in join* program?

Yes, you're right, I will add backup.

> Does this program sort file by *id?

No, it (join passwd) doesn't even understand what it does. It simply
copies the lines. ArekM suggested me, jest few minutes ago, adding
such option to {pw,gr}ck in shadow.  I will do this.

--
: Michal ``,/\/\,       '' Moskal    | |            : GCS {C,UL}++++$
:          |    |alekith      @    |)|(| . org . pl : {E--, W, w-,M}-