including resin-cmp into free linux distribution

Daniel Bauke bonkey at sokrates.mimuw.edu.pl
Fri Aug 31 14:48:03 CEST 2001

Hello

I'm writing you to get a permission to prepare and include rpm
package containing your resin-cmp-1.0.1.tar.gz into our linux
distribution.

Our distro is not commercial, we are not selling it and we are
not paid for preparing it. We develop PLD only for our own
purposes -- to have a consistent set of programs which are used
in different environments prepared by us.

The main branch of the distribution is available for download
from our ftp site as separated packages and as cdrom images as
well. Sometimes it is distributed on cdroms included into
magazines, but we do not get any money for it, too.

We have got also a non-distributable "supported" area. We keep it
in CVS repository and it contains software which licenses do not
allow to include to the main branch.

Is it possible to include resin-cmp into the main branch of our
distribution under such circumstances or shall we have it only in
"supported" area? It would be glad to have it as a normal
package, which would make it easier to download and use since
not all PLD users are capable enough to use CVS repository.

Regards
Daniel Bauke

--
Daniel Bauke <bonkey at pld.org.pl>