[distributed builder?]

Mariusz Mazur mmazur at kernel.pl
Sun Dec 1 15:47:03 CET 2002

On Sunday 01 December 2002 15:28, Mariusz Mazur wrote:
> Dunno. Small projects just don't care. Big ones... well... I'll google
> around debian.org :)

Hmmm... seems like Debian has "sponsors". That is a wannabe developer gets
somebody to "look after him". He uploads the new guys work, and if after a
while he gives the green light - the new guy gets his own account, and
becomes a full-time developer.
Though in debian most developers are just package maintainers and they don't
have access to the really critical packages. And if the "sponsor" has any
doubts about the new guys intentions - he can just discard him.
In other words - it would be nice to get ourselfs some gestapo type team (just
like we have sec-team). Idea would be quite simple - check if the new guy
didn't do anything funny in the past and if he did - make him explain.

--
Każdy człowiek, który naprawdę żyje, nie ma charakteru, nie może go mieć.
Charakter jest zawsze martwy, otacza cię zgniła struktura przeniesiona z