alsa and pld 1.0

Filip Kaliński filon at pld.org.pl
Mon Jun 10 13:44:25 CEST 2002

On day Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 12:05:14PM +0200, wrobell wrote what follows:
> From http://www.alsa-project.org
>
>     N.B. The 0.5.x series is considered deprecated and is no
>     longer supported by ALSA developers
>
> List of packages which depend on alsa and are on ftp:
>
> allegro
> alsaconf
> alsaplayer
> arts
> Atari800
> avifile
> brahms
> bumprace
> chromium
> ecasound
> extace
> freeamp
> gamix
> gnome-media
> lbreakout2
> libao
> mirrormagic
> mp1e
> mpeg2dec
> mplayer
> penguin
> pmidi
> python
  ^^^^^^  ???

> quakeforge
> rocksndiamonds
> rte
> SDL
> SDL_image
> SDL_mixer
> SDLmm
> smjpeg
> soundtracker
> TiMidity++
> tse3
> tuxtype
> vice
> vlc
> wmmixer-alsa
> xawtv
> xmms

Many of it doesn't really depend an alsa, but on SDL.
SDL is linked with all of its plugins, so ld links also SDL-dependant
programs with it...

I'm going do make SLD use dynamicly loaded plugins (and it's almost done),
but I have problems with automake.

I have AM_CONDITIONAL(ENABLE_MODULAR, ... ) in configure.in and I want to have

if ENABLE_MODULAR
lib_LTLIBARAIES=libfoo.la
libfoo_la_LDADD=-lbar
else
noninst_LTILIBRARIES=libfoo.la
endif

in Makefile.am for plugins, but it doesn't work, automake wants to define both
of ..._LTLIBRARIES and screams that it is alredy defined (while parsing second) :-(

Does anyone know how to solve it?

--
Filip Kaliński <filon at pld.org.pl>