SPECS: pdf2html.spec, pdftohtml.spec - CC, CXX, C(XX)FLAGS related...

Adam Gołębiowski adamg at biomerieux.pl
Thu Dec 30 02:25:09 CET 2004

On Wed, Dec 29, 2004 at 11:25:05PM +0100, Tomasz Pala wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 29, 2004 at 09:45:33 +0100, Adam Gołębiowski wrote:
>
> > Because it is like:
> > Shopping list:
> > - milk
> > - sugar
> > - vodka
> > - beer
> >
> > and not like
> > Shopping list: - milk, - sugar, - vodka, - beer
>
> What's the PURPOSE!?

I'll write it once again - it's more readable, and it's easier to
compare differences after changing these lines.

We have different opinions on that and most likely we won't convince
each other.

It's all about the comment - no explanation, no nothing.

Why is it prohibited?
Who added the comment?
Why is it different than in other specs?

In a year or two someone may ask such questions - what than? "Because!".
Come on.

> > your comment. This is your private opinion which you can not enforce on
> > others.
>
> But he can remove his work from PLD or stop working on this spec.

And he's free to do it - his choice.

> At least I did so a few times.

Your choice.

--
http://www.mysza.eu.org/ | Everybody needs someone sure, someone true,
   PLD Linux developer   | Everybody needs some solid rock, I know I do.