poldek SEGV when --up

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Sat Oct 2 00:33:40 CEST 2004

On Fri, Oct 01, 2004 at 21:42:04 +0200, Pawel A. Gajda wrote:

> Assume you have commented out config's "%include fetch.conf" line
> and deffault_fetcher param is in included file? If yes, move it to

Yes.

> main config (/etc/poldek/poldek.conf or $HOME/.poldekrc) -- for security
> reasons (maybe to paranoid for non-remote files?) [global] sections from
> included files are ignored.

That's that. Thanks. And if so, default configs mislead.

> BTW bugs in 20040928 snap you reported are fixed in 20040930.

I've just noticed that, nice:)

> Thanks for testing.

Great tool, now with pipes in command line, changing sources at
run-time, new indexes..., well -- it rocks.

A few more questions:
- can poldek use proxy by it's own now (without changing fetcher)?
- is there any $HOME/.poldekrc being read (it was in older one)?
- what about home_etc (I did have ~/etc/.poldek_history, now ~/)?
- did you think about something like 'distributed poldek' -- servers
  runnning at remote hosts, operator runs one master process which
  connects with all the servers (in the manner of changing sources)
  and query them.

--
GoTaR <priv0.onet.pl->gotar>
http://vfmg.sourceforge.net/