ANN: Closing AC

Cz at rny dhubleizh at o2.pl
Sun Dec 11 15:54:20 CET 2005

Dnia Sun, 11 Dec 2005 14:52:49 +0100, Adam Gołębiowski
<adamg at biomerieux.pl> napisał:

> On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 02:45:22PM +0100, Marcin Król wrote:
>> 1) Maintain my machines, by simply doing poldek --upgrade-dist out of
>> stable tree. Occasionally there will be need to do some manual upgrades
>> like from postgres 8.0 to 8.1 which requires database dump/restore. Now
>> lets assume that we will stay with current distro politics + we will
>> release new version every year. So once a year I'll probably have to
>> reinstall all the machines because version Z was released and X has
>> reached an EOL.

All of that is true - as long as from time to time we'll bake some iso,
everything is fine for me.

> What about some groundbraking change like gcc update (breaking BC)?

That'd be a point to make an iso - perfect for making some 'version',
'release', 'snapshot' or whatever You call it - an iso.

> How are we expected to handle these in a 'allways in development' style
> distro?

That bothers me also...

Cz at rny
--
"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to The Dark Side" -
Yoda