Menus and ConsoleOnly category

Aredridel aredridel at nbtsc.org
Fri May 13 16:16:15 CEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 15:58 +0200, Mariusz Mazur wrote:
> On piątek 13 maj 2005 13:59, Jakub Bogusz wrote:
> > So how one could launch xterm (to run other programs in normal way) when
> > it's inaccessible from menu?
>
> We're talking kde and gnome users right now. Those envs have their own (better
> integrated) terminals.

Exactly. http://www.livejournal.com/users/aredridel/94068.html

I use Fedora Core 3 for a few customers' computers, at the moment,
because the menus are better -- that's the only real reason. (yum sucks,
redhat's network tool sucks, but the menus are good.)

I would love to see whether or not things like this are shown, per-user
-- I personally want to never see bc, dc, or lftp or mc in my menus,
since I have a terminal for that. the ConsoleOnly category is useless to
me, but annoying because it takes up extra space. I also have no use for
the X11-tools to show up in the menu -- the only one I use is xev, and
only from the terminal.

I would also love to be able to hide KDE apps if I would like, since I
don't use them often.