Status of Ac Sparc64?

Jakub Bogusz qboosh at pld-linux.org
Sun May 22 09:36:16 CEST 2005

On Sat, May 21, 2005 at 06:38:59PM -0700, Chris Poon wrote:
> Any specifics on why it would be unlikely to become official? Like lack of
> testing and such? I don't seem find any official 64 bit kernel RPM release.
> The first I find is that I need a biarch gcc before I can easily build a
> 64 bit kernel, and I do have a patch lying around that will produce a biarch
> gcc for 3.3.3 (instead of the current 3.3.5).

Or you can use crosssparc64-{binutils,gcc}.
(just rpmbuild kernel*.spec --target sparc64-pld-linux)

I have some unofficial (but working at least on Ultra1) builds of
kernel24.spec on my homepage.
Note that you have to use modutils.static on initrd, because 32-bit
busybox doesn't support 64-bit modules.

--
Jakub Bogusz    http://qboosh.cs.net.pl/