alsaconf and pciutils

Patrys :: Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Fri Oct 7 00:10:52 CEST 2005

Dnia 06-10-2005, czw o godzinie 23:36 +0200, Przemek Iskra napisał(a):
> On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 11:05:55PM +0200, Patrys :: Patryk Zawadzki wrote:
> > Dnia 06-10-2005, czw o godzinie 22:50 +0200, Andrzej Zawadzki
> > napisał(a):
> > > Hello!
> > >
> > > Without installed pciutils alsaconf doesn't recognized PCI audi card...
> > > (useless)
> > > What do You think about add opportunely R: ???
> and what about dialog ? is it fixed already os still ^C is neaded ?

Still the same.

> > At least add it to the alsaconf (maybe move into a subpackage if not
> > already there).
> >
> > Another thing: alsa-utils-init does not resume mixer status as
> > hotplug-pci initializes sound before alsa does (should we switch these
> > two around?)
> hotplug should be started ad fast as its possible, maybe add all snd-*
> modules to hotplug's blacklist by default ?

I agree this could be a good idea but it is likely that hotplug loads
other audio-related modules as well (such as oss ones not starting with
snd-*)

> and other thing, alsasound service can't be stopped when pbbuttonsd uses
> it; in this case I think pbbuttonsd should have and higher stop position

There are other things stopping alsa from gracefully unloading too. We
should move alsa futher in the stopping queue - as far as possible.

And now for something completely different: IMO gdm-init should be moved
from 95 to 99, there are times when it comes up with no keyboard support
if loaded as 95.

--
Patrys :: Patryk Zawadzki <patrys at pld-linux.org>
PLD Linux