ruby-sqlite* vs sqlite*-ruby

Tomasz Wittner twittner at o2.pl
Mon Jan 9 22:21:00 CET 2006

On Mon 9. of January 2006 21:35, Jakub Bogusz wrote:
> I see that these packages are duplicated:
> ruby-sqlite.spec and sqlite-ruby.spec
> ruby-sqlite3.spec and sqlite3-ruby.spec
>
> I suggest to keep ruby-sqlite*, add appropriate Obsoletes: sqlite*-ruby
> and drop sqlite*-ruby specs.

There is much more ruby's specs not following naming convention
(ruby-tarballname like python-foo packages) and duplicates:
amrita{,2}.spec - IMO they should be named ruby-amrita{,2}.spec respectively -
they are ruby libraries not standalone programs like rake f.e.,
ruby-Iowa.spec & iowa.spec - IMO one of these should be named ruby-iowa.spec
(rationale is the same as above).

BTW: it seems that someone bright turn off amavisd-new on our maillist server
at last, which delayed mails for ca 4 hours. Thanks.

--
Tomasz Wittner