python qt

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Tue Jan 24 20:43:15 CET 2006

On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 09:30:43PM +0200, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
> if taking look on other distros, then the just put all their files to /usr/lib
> or /usr/lib64

If we do this that way, then no Python package would be architecture
independent any more, as they would contain architecture-dependent
paths (/usr/%{_lib}). If we would use /usr/lib always, even on x86_64,
then both 32-bit and 64-bit python libraries could not be installed on
the same system. These are the reasons why both /usr/share and
/usr/%{_lib}/ is used in PLD for python-* packages.

Moving site.py to a architecture-dependant directory seems like a good
solution to me. And probably moving all modules from python.spec to
/usr/%{_lib} would do too -- python.spec is architecture dependant
anyway.  Just leave both /usr/share/python2.4/site-packages and
/usr/%{_lib}/python2.4/site-packages for other python packages.

Greets,
        Jacek