gcc-java vs java-sun-tools

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz arekm at pld-linux.org
Sat Jan 6 12:41:22 CET 2007

On Wednesday 03 January 2007 22:35, Jakub Bogusz wrote:

> It was removed when jar in gcc had been renamed to fastjar and there
> were no conflicting files between gcc-java and java-sun.
>
> So there is a reason to separate jar again.

IMO simply droping %{_bindir}/jar from gcc-java and placing Requires: jar
there should be enough. I know the option differs but gcc itself is not
creating %{_bindir}/jar if it detects _any_ jar binary in the system (we
patch it to always create %{_bindir}/jar) so it doesn't care about some
special options anyway.

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz        PLD/Linux Team