scripts: profile - QTDIR & QMAKESPEC killed especially setting Q...

Jeff Johnson n3npq at mac.com
Thu Jan 18 07:08:39 CET 2007

On Jan 18, 2007, at 12:58 AM, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:

> On środa, 17 stycznia 2007, Tomasz Wittner wrote:
>>>
>>> W qt4.spec IMO je warto czyścić przed budowaniem.
>>
>> A translation attempt: IMO is worth to unset these (QTDIR,
>> QMAKESPEC) in
>> qt4.spec before building.
>>
>> My suggestion: by default, start building with completely cleaned
>> environment, then set only necessary env. variables [1]. Of course
>> there
>> should be possibility to turn off cleaning & setting in rpm such
>> environment (via rpm macro).
>
> Provide a patch then. jbj doesn't want to make that happen (env
> cleaning) in
> rpm by default :(

*I* don't want to manage *YOUR* build environment variables, but you
can easily add
     unset QTDIR QMAKESPEC
to %___build_pre.

In fact, there is already
     unset PERL_MM_OPT || :
     unset DISPLAY || :

in %___build_pre  (mostly because I was too tired to argue with some
particularly
stubborn RH developers some day long ago ...)

hth

73 de Jeff