rpm and mono

Jeff Johnson n3npq at mac.com
Sun Jul 15 19:18:03 CEST 2007

On Jul 15, 2007, at 1:11 PM, Radoslaw Zielinski wrote:

> Jeff Johnson <n3npq at mac.com> [15-07-2007 18:53]: [...] [...]
> [...]
>> and whether rpmbuild invokes external helpers per-file or per-package
>> that are intimately tied to
> [...]
>
> Would be nice if RPM could invoke perl.prov / perl.req per-package,
> instead of per-file, as it currently does.

Can't be done without a massively complicated scripting effort changing
all external dependency helpers used by rpmbuild. Well, it *could* be
handled by massively rewriting rpmfc.c, but there as yet no reason
to undertake the added complexity.

See the functionality at
     rpm -qp --filerequire foo*.rpm

The constraints on the storage in Headers are quite annoying because
rpm does not vave a variable length array data type. Dependencies
and file lists are also sorted within headers.

I thought about doing throug scripts, but decided on "reliable" C
instead. ;-)

73 de Jeff