rpm suggest backport?

Jeff Johnson n3npq at mac.com
Wed Jun 13 20:16:28 CEST 2007

On Jun 13, 2007, at 1:18 PM, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:

> can someone with enough rpm hackery mana backport or make rpm
> ignore Suggests?
> it would ease Th/Ac parallel developement.
>
> $ ./builder -g spamassassin
> P spamassassin.spec
> # $Revision: 1.127 $, $Date: 2007/05/11 16:48:16 $
> error: line 61: Unknown tag: Suggests:  spamassassin-update
> Error: package build failed. (no more info)

I don't know where the hack goes, but all that is needed for depsolvers
with Suggests: is to ignore all Requires: marked with RPMSENSE_MISSINGOK
set in dependency flags.

Build failure with changed syntax are a different problem. Point
me at whatever you are calling rpmbuild, and I will send
you a teensy patch to parse and ignore the new-fangled Suggests:
syntax. That's likely the most expedient hack, but backporting the
full-blown RPMSENSE_MISSINGOK mechansim is certainly
possible too.

You can also just comment out the Suggests: line ;-)

73 de Jeff