[RFC] Repository layout change / Zmiana układu repo

Jan Rekorajski baggins at sith.mimuw.edu.pl
Mon May 14 16:55:43 CEST 2007

On Mon, 14 May 2007, Radoslaw Zielinski wrote:

> Jan Rekorajski <baggins at sith.mimuw.edu.pl> [14-05-2007 13:41]:
> > Do you work with the whole repo?
> > If yes, then how often do you _really_ need to cvs up the whole
> > thing?
>
> Recently: very rarely.  But I do it from time to time.

Me too, and I think we can live with that operation taking longer than
now.

> [...]
> >> It's just a couple of packages, isn't it?  Only relevant for SourceX,
> >> which are fetched from DF anyway.  Files stored in VCS (patches, scripts
> >> or whatever) are (or should be) named as %{name}*.
> > Dream on...
> > Why do you thing the repo grew by 200MB after split?
>
> Did it?  Well, why?

Look above, because of files in SOURCES that belong to more than one package.

[...]
> >> Why would you care?  It's being looked up the other way: package -> *.patch.
> > I care because I have to work with the whole repo.
>
> Can you show the use case?

ls -l SOURCES/ ;)
Seriously, I sometimes have to build a package with big dependency tree,
and then just delete some of the files but I have problems with
recognizing which ones I shouldn't.

Janek
--
Jan Rekorajski            |  ALL SUSPECTS ARE GUILTY. PERIOD!
baggins<at>mimuw.edu.pl   |  OTHERWISE THEY WOULDN'T BE SUSPECTS, WOULD THEY?