BR-s and R-s policy

Marcin Król hawk at limanowa.net
Thu Sep 20 10:41:30 CEST 2007

> Not only RM has rights to send packages to builders.

I don't get it. If someone will send some package it will be
automagically upgraded on builders. If such upgrade will fail on deps
I'll usually know about it quite soon and will have to fix it manually
anyway. If someone will send something that I'll reject from moving to
main tree I'll have to downgrade it manually too.

The only good thing from bumping version I see is that when upgrade on
builders will fail user will be unable to build dependant stuff till
I'll fix it. I had such situation only once since RMing Ra and Ac and it
was piece of cake to fix (manual poldek upgra, rel++, stbr). I still
don't see any advantage in bumping those versions.

M.