RFC: separate FTP subdirectory for debuginfo

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Fri Apr 3 13:17:37 CEST 2009

Hi,

ipoldek -n th ls | wc -l
17549

ipoldek -n th ls \*-debuginfo-\* | wc -l
3600

so it more than 20% packages which are useless for most people (I doubt
there're many people having more than 10 of these installed on purpose).
They only make indices bigger and poldek's tab-completion less effective.

I think they're people who would appreciate having debuginfo as noauto
source and others happy to get rid of those 'bogus' packages.

They live within arch subdirectories so can be moved into subdirectory
(arch/debuginfo) or upper directory (e.g. arch-debuginfo).

--
Tomasz Pala <gotar at pld-linux.org>