Merging PLD patches for RPM @rpm5.org

Jeff Johnson n3npq at mac.com
Sun Jan 18 16:31:35 CET 2009

I'm actively merging PLD patches for RPM from SOURCES found at
	:pserver:cvs at anoncvs.pld-linux.org:/cvsroot
into @rpm5.org CVS HEAD over the next couple months.

My immediate goal is to get global dependency filtering through
exclude patterns
into @rpm5.org. The rpm-pld-autodep.patch is closest to what I think
needs
to be implemented; I can/will try to preserve build macro syntax
compatible
with PLD, but no guarantees (yet).

(aside)
Is the AUTODEP_PKGNAMES portion of the rpm-pld-autodep.patch, which maps
dependencies back to package names, actually useful/used by PLD? The
mapping is
easy enough to support (but normally disabled) if so.

Any help merging (or stabilizing) the patches into rpm-5.2 is
appreciated.

73 de Jeff