packages: vimpager/README (NEW) - initial - taken from webpage

Paweł Zuzelski z at xatka.net
Wed May 19 10:56:15 CEST 2010

On Wed, 19 May 2010, uzsolt wrote:
> +Put these in your ~/.bashrc or ~/.zshrc

What about ksh users? :) I'd write "in your shell config, for
example ~/.bashrc or ~/.zshrc.".

> + alias less=$PAGER

This is not good advice in my opinion. All programs that need to
display a lot of text data should support PAGER env (and many do,
like man, perldoc, git). 'less' means run 'less', not the default
pager. Sometimes user may need to run less even if he use vimpager
as default pager. For example vimpager does not support less' -R
option so it is unable to display file containing terminal color
codes.

--
Regards,
Paweł