python3.2+ compiled files

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Sat May 21 14:12:51 CEST 2011

On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 12:22:04PM +0100, Artur Wroblewski wrote:
> On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 11:34 AM, Jacek Konieczny <jajcus at jajcus.net> wrote:
> > Maybe we should have some automation for packaging (or not
> > packaging) __pycache__ and its contents? So it doesn't have to be listed
> > explicitly for every python package. I am thinking about something like
> > %find_lang – e.g. %find_pybytcode, or '%py_listmodules modul1e module2'
>
> %find_pymod mod1 mod2... ?
>
> it has to find egg files (on the same level as mod1 and mod2 exist), *.py,
> *.so and directories (it will get __pycache__ then too).
>
> Do I miss anything?

I don't think we want any directory found packaged. All python
modules/packages should be explicitely listed and only files
belonging to them for sure should be included. Only this way we can
notice things that should not go to %py_sitedir or new modules/packages
that we may want to package separately.

There is a problem with egg-info files then - they may not match exactly
the python module/package name.

Greets,
        Jacek