th stable (Re: gimp 2.8.0 rc1, gimp plugins)

Caleb Maclennan caleb at pld-linux.org
Fri Apr 20 22:54:25 CEST 2012

2012/4/20 Artur Wroblewski <wrobell at pld-linux.org>:
> it is very simple. "th-stable", "ac-stable" or whatever... provide
> meaningful, self documenting names to things.

Hey guys, how does this compute? My version control experience is
mostly subversion with a bit of git lately. CVS is still black magic
to me. Would a change like this (Tagging stable stuff that's headed to
ftp somewhere instead of pulling HEAD?)

Also to throw this out there, how does all this figure into the git
migration? Are we barking up a tree that is about to be felled anyway?

Artur ... I'm still not clear on what you GAIN by using HEAD instead
of DEVEL? In spite of the name, isn't HEAD basically functioning as
th-stable (plus some mess)?

Caleb