Git in PLD - basic HOWTO

Caleb Maclennan caleb at pld-linux.org
Tue Jul 10 15:26:00 CEST 2012

2012/7/9 Kacper Kornet <draenog at pld-linux.org>:
> * Some documentation
> --------------------
>
> For some basic introduction to git and how to use it to work with PLD
> repositories please see:
>
> http://www.pld-linux.org/dokuwiki/howto-git

Two simple questions:

1) I haven't seen any notes in the docs about comment formatting. Are
we still prefixing all changelog entries with "- "? This isn't a very
usual thing to do with git and seems like a hack we've dragged in from
processing cvs output.

2) Is there a way to set git's user.email config variable without
doing it globally? I use git for other things where my pld nick is not
my email. However with each package being a separate repository,
setting it in the repository config file instead of the global one
means having to set it in a couple thousand places. Is there a way to
match the git origin server or some other way of marking that
everything under rpm/packages gets a certain set of configuration
values?

Thanks,
Caleb