rpm 5.x in Th

Łukasz Chrustek lukasz at chrustek.net
Mon Sep 24 00:13:38 CEST 2012

Hello,

>> 3. "when the disk isn't/wasn't working properly, every solution is utterly useless"

> You are clueless: saving state remotely permits an
> entire machine to be recreated when hard drives fail.

> Backups and off-site storage are well known remedies
> for hard drive failures.

You  are  writing  about  some  strange  (complicated  and not easy to
implement)  solutions. I like the rollback behavior in old rpm, it was
working  in  the way I expect. Now You, as author of rpm, are writing,
that  I'm  only  person in the world, which is using this option... If
so,  don't  bother  anymore,  but  leaving  this  option  in --help is
missleading for me, but as You stated earlier - only for me.

Do  You  (other PLD users/devs) use repackege only with --oldpackage ?
Noone  is/were  using  --rollback  ? Or - You don't use repackage :P ?
You never regret installing new versions of some rpms :) ?

>> 4. I've written this for this conversation as simplest demonstration of what is missing.
>>

> Yes: you are a simpleton.

Jeff, I think You are going to far. Peace, men.

--
Pozdrawiam,
 Łukasz Chrustek