Packages scheduled for removal

Jan Rękorajski baggins at pld-linux.org
Sat Aug 3 21:18:16 CEST 2013

http://java.com/en/download/faq/java_6.xml, see "Java SE 6 End of Public Updates Notice"

> > module-init-tools	replaced by kmod, udev now requires kmod, so no point in keeping m-i-t
>
> In some situations I found module-init-tools working, while kmod was
> silently doing nothing. Any details on module-init-tools not working
> with udev 206? I haven't noticed any problems.

Some functionality has been moved from udev to kmod (see my commit
8495ab1be0d514 in systemd and read NEWS in systemd for explanations),
you may end up with missing devices.
I'm going to move module-init-tools to obsolete, we should find what is
the problem with kmod when it does nothing for you instead of keeping
outdated software in repo.

--
Jan Rękorajski                                 | PLD/Linux
SysAdm                                         | http://www.pld-linux.org/