Cinnamon

Elan Ruusamäe glen at pld-linux.org
Tue Dec 24 16:43:55 CET 2013

On 21.12.2013 19:47, Roelof Wobben wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there still interest in Cinnamon 2.0.
> If so, I can do the job if someone wants to mentor me because I do not
> have any experience with rpm porting.

could you introduce what is your project? what is cinnamon 2.0 (links, etc)
and for starters you can use existing pld package specs if you know what
your packages are similar to.
there's also template-specs:
http://git.pld-linux.org/?p=projects/template-specs.git;a=summary

> Second question : Is there good English documentation how to keep my
> box up-to-date ?
unlikel. but isn't it just: poldek --upgrade-dist ? :) i.e if you want
to keep your box up to date with distro packages.

if you want to update distro packages themselves, then arekm runs
pldnotify script that updates .spec to upstream differences:
http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/cvs/PLD-doc/PLD-update-TODO?view=log

there are also crons that update fresshness info related to .spec to
packages on ftp
http://ep09.pld-linux.org/~pldth/freshness.txt
<http://ep09.pld-linux.org/%7Epldth/freshness.txt>
more from here: http://ep09.pld-linux.org/~pldth/