ImageMagick Q8

Elan Ruusamäe glen at delfi.ee
Wed Jun 25 09:16:07 CEST 2014

On 24.06.2014 14:09, Tomasz Pala wrote:
> which might gain some performance when build with Q8, but building them
> all with alternatives would be an overkill (especially the ones that are
> not performance greedy and don't do much of image processing - like
> thumbnailing, which won't hurt on quality of Q8, but won't gain much of
> a performance either).
>
> So, any comments?
i noticed similar total performance loss (my site totally blackouted)
when upgrading ac->th probably ~1y ago. i didn't know what was the
cause, but my suspects were, glibc and ImageMagick. at that time i tried
to compile newer glibc for ac and older IM for th, but both failed. so
far i've stuck back to ac because this terrible performance loss!

so i'm "in" for going back to to Q8 unconditionally distro-wide!

--
glen