rpm unwanted autodep

Jeffrey Johnson n3npq at me.com
Tue Sep 1 20:49:31 CEST 2015

> so used _noautoreqfiles macro
>
> https://github.com/pld-linux/fpm/commit/2a24ca30d7e85b0e4d9a8680f634819e097999f7
>
> aside, content check here is worse than extension check.
> i needed to input 5mb junk beginning of file to prevent file(1) detecting content as python!

(aside)
You just created a role with 5Mb of “yes” with extension *.py. The word “yes” in content is
hardly valid python as indicated by the extension *.py

Yes the content checks in file(1) are rather primitive and often have false positives.
The buffer used to be 65Kb years ago. I doubt the larger buffer increases the accuracy
of the keyword based content check.

73 de Jeff