[packages/rust] rpm4 noarch

Jeffrey Johnson n3npq at me.com
Mon Jul 3 08:24:48 CEST 2017

> You don't need to remove anything.
> This directive here is for antiquated rpm4 that did not support
> BuildArch in subpackages. I want those %if's gone.

Ah yes, thanks. I’ve forgotten ...

Yes: recent (like last 8y? I forget) rpm.org also supports noarch sub-packages, so
there’s no need unless building with rpm-4.5 from way back when.

Meanwhile BuildArch: noarch is one of the crazier pieces of code in rpmbuild. Someday
ts gonna break and cause some effort to repair the rpmbuild parser.

There’s easier ways to reset stageful read’s then restarting the build … WORKSFORME.

73 de Jeff