rpm-build pulls perl

Jan Rękorajski baggins at pld-linux.org
Tue Mar 24 22:16:21 CET 2020

On Tue, 24 Mar 2020, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:

> i would not like bunch of perl deps in base package.
>
> i think these dependencies are new due recent updates in the repo
>

> ```
>
> [root at 4195c311335e /]# rpm -q rpm-build --requires|grep perl
> /usr/bin/perl
> perl(Carp)
> perl(Config)
> perl(Cwd)
> perl(File::Basename)
> perl(File::Copy)
> perl(File::Path)
> perl(File::Temp)
> perl(Getopt::Long)
> perl(LWP::UserAgent)
> perl(POSIX)
> perl(XML::LibXML)
> perl(strict)
> perl(warnings)
>
> [root at 4195c311335e /]# rpm -q rpm-build
>
> rpm-build-5.4.15-57.x86_64
>
> [root at 4195c311335e /]#
>
> ```
>

> perhaps just remove the shebang or chmod -x to make the deps optional
> (if they must stay in rpm-build package)
>
> but i think they should be moved to `rpm-perlprov` package

I just removed those scripts, they are just junk.

On a side note, this is exactly why we should not have all those weird
hacks in deps generators and just run them always. To chatch stuff like
this.

--
Jan Rękorajski                    | PLD/Linux
SysAdm | baggins<at>pld-linux.org | http://www.pld-linux.org/