Add nameif to net-tools (fwd)

Maciej 'Agaran' Pijanka agaran w agaran.6bone.pl
Śro, 18 Paź 2000, 14:11:00 CEST

moze kogos zainteresuje dodanie tego do skryptow
itd?

--
Maciej 'Agaran' Pijanka <agaran w agaran.6bone.pl> MAP2-6BONE
i386, Linux 2.2, Pine, Slrn, Vi(m), IPv6, Gdb,
I do not fear computers.  I fear the lack of them.
                -- Isaac Asimov

-- Support your government, give Echelon / Carnivore something to parse --
classified top-secret government jankowski restricted data radio information
project alek CIA KGB GRU DoD defense elektryk systems  military ksiadz steal
systems spy ojciec terrorist Allah Natasha  Gregori destroy  destruct attack
democracy will send Russia bank system compromise international own rule the
world force power enforce sensitive directorate STRAP warrior-T presidential
elections political foreign embassy takeover

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Subject: Add nameif to net-tools
From: Andi Kleen <ak w suse.de>
To: philb w gnu.org
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 04:18:54 +0200

Hallo,

I wrote a small tool called nameif some time ago. It names network interfaces
based on a file containing MAC addresses. This way you can maintain a stable
network configuration even when the kernel changes probe orders
(e.g. when modules are loaded in a different order or the kernel version
changes). Basically it does the same job as scsidev, only for network
interfaces.

I appended the simple file for reference. There is no man page yet, but
I'll write one.

Would anyone complain when I add it to net-tools ?

-Andi