Compaq R3140us vs R3240us

havner havner at smtp.kamp.pl
Sun Oct 3 18:57:07 CEST 2004

On Sun, Oct 03, 2004 at 12:39:33PM -0400, Anthony Kolasny wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> I've been using the PLD LiveCD 1.0beta2 on a Compaq Presario R3140us for
> the last couple months with great success. The 3d graphics and wireless
> worked fine with a minute or two of minor updates.
>
> http://www.bme.jhu.edu/~akolasny/pld-r3140us.html have the steps.
>
> I've had trouble installing PLD LiveCD on the Compaq Persario R3240us.

Is this 64bit machine?
Maybe nvidia drivers are too old for this nforce3, or there is some
incompatibility and you need 64bit kernel with 64bit nvidia drivers
(i'll check what chips are supported by latest nvidia driver and let you
know)

--
Regards       Havner                          http://livecd.pld-linux.org
GG: 2846839                             jid,mail: havner(at)pld-linux.org