readline/m4

Dobrica Pavlinusic dpavlin at foi.hr
Mon Apr 12 20:23:08 CEST 1999

On Mon, 12 Apr 1999, Artur Frysiak wrote:

> I made readline.m4 macro to search for readline library.
> Need tests. On Linux (PLD and RH 5.2) work ok.
> Dobrica please test on Digital UNIX and Solaris.

Good work, Artur! It compiles without any problem on Digital UNIX now, it
even finds readline. But, Solaris is broken. It dies with:

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..  -DCONFIGDIR=\"/usr/local/etc/pinforc\"
-g -O2 -c colors.c
colors.c: In function `sigblock':
colors.c:3: storage class specified for parameter `cols'
colors.c:17: parse error before `{'
colors.c:3: parm types given both in parmlist and separately

It was working before changing of defines to USE_NCURSES, but I really
can't point my finger into right direction! It works without any problems
on Linux and Digital Unix, but on Solaris it dies. I tried examining
gcc -E output, but that didn't help.

btw, I don't have ncurses (it defined USE_SYSV_CURSES).

Dobrica Pavlinusic                    dpavlin at foi.hr, dpavlin at jagor.srce.hr
Unix addict. Internet consultant.                http://www.foi.hr/~dpavlin