some questions

Pawel A. Gajda mis at k2.net.pl
Mon Jul 28 16:52:41 CEST 2003

23/07/2003 11:36:51, Andreas Piesk:
> hiho,
>
> i have some questions about poldek:
>
> 1. is poldek redhat 9 ready (rpm4.2)?

Version 0.18.2 works with rpm 4.2/4.3, but compilation
on RH9 have not been tested yet.

So far 0.18.2 is available via cvs only:

http://cvs.pld.org.pl/SOURCES/poldek-0.18.2.tar.bz2?rev=1.1

I'll release it in near few days.

> 2. packages, required by other packages, are installed using old
> versions. it would be better if dependencies are satisfied using the
> newest available and possible version.

Give me an example please. Anyway, I'm going to partialy rewrite
dependency resolution code soon. It has too much limitations.

> 3. if i set a package to 'hold' it would be nice if this package does
> not show up when issuing '--shcmd llu'

Use 'ignore' (the same syntax as hold) instead.