Converting my FC4 yum cache to poldek

Lloyd Zusman ljz at asfast.com
Sun Nov 6 00:24:46 CET 2005

I have just discovered poldek, and I'm impressed!  I'm eager to start using it.

I have an FC4 system which I have been maintaining via yum for over a year,
since the days of FC3.

I know how to point poldek to all of the yum repositories that I've been getting
my packages from.  However, there is another thing that I don't know how to do:
I have many packages that have already been installed via yum, and I'd like
poldek to become aware of the fact that these are already installed, and not
start re-installing them.

I couldn't find anything inthe poldek documentation about this, and I'm wondering
if anyone could explain to me how I can make poldek be aware of these already
installed, yum-based packages.

Sincerely,

- Lloyd

--