PDL Linux on g4 powerbook

Marcin Bohosiewicz marcus at kernel.pl
Wed Apr 17 17:51:32 CEST 2002

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002 charliecs at ntlworld.com wrote:

> hi there..
>
> I am currently experimenting with Linux distibutions for an apple
> powerbook and I was wondering what sort of support your distro provides
> for the specs below. Does PLD Linux support the Radeon card ?

Yes, I have Ati Radeon on PLD and it works fine.

But now, we haven't yet installer. You must install Mandrake 8.0 ppc in
minimal configuration, and later upgrade it to PLD.

On our ftp are two directories:
ftp://ftp.pld.org.pl/dists/nest/test/ppc-ralike - most packages,
comppiled to be stable ppc distribution.

ftp://ftp.pld.org.pl/dists/nest/test/ppc - other packages (for example
XFree86 - we have some troubles with compiling it on ppc and this is
some "hacked" wersion, but it works).
WARNING: some packages in this directory are compiled with gcc3 and
isn't compatibile with ppc-ralike. Be careful.
In this directory is our kernel package - 2.4.18-2 - it works
fine and have our enhancements like our ix86 kernel.

> Processor On-chip level 2 cache 256K at 667 MHz
> Memory (PC133 SDRAM) 512MB
OK

> Display 15.2-inch TFT
> Graphics ATI Mobility Radeon with 16MB of DDR RAM
OK

> Hard disk drive 30GB Ultra ATA/66
OK

> Optical drive Slot-loading DVD-ROM/CD-RW
OK.

> Ethernet Built-in 10/100/1000BASE-T Built-in
(gmac.o module)

> Built-in AirPort Card
I don't know, but probably it's supported.

Best regards,

Martin
--
-| == Marcin Bohosiewicz - MB8042-RIPE - marcus at kernel.pl	== |-