imstt.o video card on PPC?

Griff Miller II griff.miller at positron.com
Fri Aug 30 06:20:10 CEST 2002

Hi. So far, PLD seems really great, but I do have two questions:

1) I can't find a bootable|nonbootable ISO for PPC on the ftp sites.

2) I don't see that the IMS Twin Turbo video card is directly
    supported; i.e. I don't see a XFree86-driver-imstt-4.2.0-5.ppc.rpm
    package (which would probably contain at least
    /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/imstt_drv.o) .

My favorite machine is still my old SuperMac S900, which originally
had LinuxPPC 2000. Since that distribution went away, I've been
sort of lost when it comes to a source of up-to-date packages. PLD
has been very helpful in this regard. This machine is slowly
metamorphising into a PLD box!  :)  But it's finally time to upgrade
XFree86, and I'm sort of worried that I'll lose my direct support
for the imstt when I upgrade, and be back to the old and slow
fbdev driver.

Thanks!

Griff