calc rpms

Landon Curt Noll chongo at mellis.com
Mon Feb 11 09:45:11 CET 2002

Hello,

I am one of the author's of calc, the tool that you used to form
packages such as:

    ftp://ftp.pld.org.pl/dists/ra/PLD/i686/PLD/RPMS/calc-2.11.5t3-1.i686.rpm

It was our plan to start building calc RPMs with the next round of
calc development ... starting sometime in Mar/April 2002.  As you may
have noticed, we started to make an initial attempt at RPM formation
but ran out of time before 2.11.5 was due to be released.

A few moments ago, wandering around the net I found the calc RPMs
on your site.  I appreciated finding them as it will save me the
trouble of doing the spec file work.

I like how you split out calc and calc-devel.  One minor point is
that calc was released under the LGPL, not the GPL.  You did a good
job of packaging.

Starting with the next release of calc, we will be releasing RPMs
in addition to our usual tarballs. You are welcome to pick up
the newer calc RPMs as we release them.   We would be happy to
add someone's EMail address to the calc-tester annoucenemt list
so that you would know when new calc RPMs were avaiable.  Just let
me know which EMail addresses to notify ...

chongo (Landon Curt Noll) /\oo/\