Question

Dagfinn Bakken dagfinn at nospam.no
Thu Feb 6 16:48:58 CET 2003

Gentlemen,

I am working with the Norwegian Skolelinux project
(http://www.skolelinux.no/) and we need a solution to detect
network cards for old/outdated thin clients for LTSP
(http://www.ltsp.org/).

We wish to create a boot floppy that detect which network
card is in the machine and then select which etherboot image
to use (http://www.rom-o-matic.net/) - and then write this to
the disk, self destructing the diskette...

We do not see a problem with new PCI cards however
detecting older ISA P&P and pure ISA cards is a challenge, do
you have a solution for this?

Skolelinux is fast becoming very popular here, it works
generally out of the box and brings new life to old equipment.

Please advice.

Thank you

Best regards
Dagfinn Bakken