How to install on PPC?

Michal Moskal malekith at pld-linux.org
Thu May 29 10:31:56 CEST 2003

On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 08:44:52PM -0500, Griff Miller II wrote:
> Hi, I had PLD working great on a Umax S900 (Mac clone) for a
> while, but it was originally installed as a LinuxPPC machine
> which I converted over to PLD one RPM at a time. Now I am
> trying to rebuild the machine with PLD from scratch and it is
> not clear to me how to do this. Is there not an installer available
> for PPC yet?

Unfortunately it is not :< Next PLD version should have working ppc
installer but don't expect it soon. If you want clean install try
installing in fresh partition as chroot using poldek and then try
booting from it. You will have to manually upgrade fstab and friend
though. Installing fresh chroot using poldek is fairly easy:

  poldek --install-dist /foo/bar/chroot --mkdir rc-scripts bash...

The easier possibility is to install MDK or other rpm-based distro
(LinuxPPC is rpm based?) and upgrade it using poldek, until rpm -qa --qf
'%{DISTRIBUTION}' | grep -v PLD will show nothing. But this is
probably what you did.

--
: Michal Moskal :: http://www.kernel.pl/~malekith : GCS {C,UL}++++$ a? !tv
: PLD Linux ::::::::: Wroclaw University, CS Dept : {E-,w}-- {b++,e}>+++ h