A problem is a chance for you to do your best...

Christopher Owono owonoedu at zwallet.com
Mon Jan 24 17:31:59 CET 2005

 Christopher Owono Edu
London - England.
Tel : +44 20 70 600459
Date : 24/1/05

As i write you this letter I only hope it gets to you in a positive state of mind. My name is Christopher Owono Edu. A citizen of  Ghana, 23 years of age and  presently studying in London-England. I write you this letter out of grief, desolation and total despair  as I have lost my entire family including father, mother and two sisters who were on Asia tour when the tidal wave struck and took their whole lives in Sri Lanka. Infact, I would have been with them if not for my pressing academic work and exams that I was writing at the time.I have cried and cried until tears ceased to flow from my eyes asking God again and again why me? My late father Honourable Mr. Alex Owono Edu was a carrier diplomat and former ambassador of my country to Spain for 8 years during the rule of our Ex president Mr. J.J. Rawlings.

Following  the wake of the disaster, I was summoned to the chambers of our family lawyer here in U.K. who handed over to me a Certificate of Deposit and a strange looking key of a trunk box containing the sum of  US$18million which was deposited by my late father in a self Storage and security company in Madrid -Spain. I was visibly shocked at this revelations but this  Lawyer who also was a  good friend and  confidant of my late father explained that the money was proceeds from illegal and smuggled Gold sales transaction to European companies during his tenure in office. As you know, my Country Ghana is richly Blessed with Gold and other natural mineral resources. My father in turn was taking advantage of his diplomatic status to smuggle the Gold without been noticed.

You see, I am a born again Christian and strongly believe in the second and imminent coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The end time is fast approaching and all these disaster, tribulations, epidemics, wars, nations against nations is a clear sign of the end time hence I have decided against claiming the money for my personal enrichment. I would have loved to return the money to the government of my country but decided against it as it will eventually land in the pockets of those rapacious government officials and that´s why I have taken a firm decision to offer it to the Tsunamis victims and some other charity organisations in Africa.

Your role is to take delivery of the deposit in the self Storage company and further distribute it accordingly. You will only be entitled to 10% of the total sum for your  time and to cover your travel expenses while claiming and distributing the funds. I would have done this myself but I do not have the time as I am presently rounding up my school programme and most especially, I do not want to have direct connection to that money. However, it will interest you to know that I have already travelled to Madrid briefly for a fact finding mission and to confirm the existence of the Deposit hence am writing to you.

Upon your reply confirming your readiness and willingness to carry out this mission, I shall furnish you full details of the self storage company and a copy of the Deposit Certificate attached with a letter of Authorisation that permits you to take release of the trunk Box.
On your reply, ensure that you include your full names and address and telephone number as shown in your international passport to enable me draft up a suitable letter of authorisation for the claim.

In conclusion, I beg you to keep this letter and its contents in the strictest manner of confidentiality in order not to jeopardise the claim as the self storage company probably is not aware of the contents of the trunk box.
I await your urgent response or phone call. You should reply me through my secured email address : owonoedu at seark.com

May God Bless you as you carry out His wish.

Yours Faithfully,
Christopher Owono Edu