Prison & Homeless Ministry

rgiles at roygiles.com rgiles at roygiles.com
Fri Jul 8 01:15:52 CEST 2005

Hello,

Please help me disciple the incarcerated and the
homeless for Jesus. Since Jesus could return any
moment now, there is no time to spare. We must
share what we have learned about Jesus's Love,
Grace, Eternal life and salvation with all peoples.

I continue to teach an ongoing Christian Discipleship
and Parenting class to inmates at a Texas State Prison
near Dallas, Texas. There are upto 30 inmates attending.
They need the book shown at: roygiles.com/PBG.html to
attend the class. I need sponsors that will be willing
to provide the $8.95 to sponsor one book for one inmate.
As you probable know, most inmates have come from poor
parented homes and are now poor parents themselves. This
Christian based discipleship and parenting class will
help them become better parents and husbands when they
get out of prison and better Christians now.

If the links in this email are not working, please try
them again later.

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was
thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye
took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited
me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily
I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of
the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
(Matthew 25:35,36,40)

Over 2 years ago, the Lord called me to start a prison
and homeless ministry. Over that time, I have seen the
Lord save countless souls and heal many more. This
ministry has also feed countless homeless people. The Lord
has now called me to further this outreach into a fulltime
ministry so, many more souls can be reached before it is
too late. I have ministered in 5 state prisons and 1
federal prison.

My grandfather was an elder in the church and my father is
currently an elder in the church. I was born into the church
and was saved as a young child. In the 1980's & 1990's I was
a deacon in the church. I have now been called to reach out
to those men and women incarcerated in prison and those left
homeless on the streets.

This fulltime prison ministry also has needs that need to be
met. Some may think, that all they need to do is pray. Prayer
alone is not enough; in fact, it can become an escape for those
unwilling to step out and do more. Prayer leads to action.
Prayer is not simply asking God to do something. Prayer is
opening our soul wide enough for God to come in and do something
through us.

James 2:14-26
14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath
faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed
and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which
are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me
thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my
works.
19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the
devils also believe, and tremble.
20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is
dead?
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had
offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was
faith made perfect?
23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed
God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was
called the Friend of God.
24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by
faith only.
25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works,
when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out
another way?
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without
works is dead also.

Inmates and the homeless do not have the means to support this
ministry. All of the support for this ministry comes from caring
churches like the one you attend. I know the Lord will have
people that care for lost souls, to give, so I can concentrate
on leading lost souls to Christ. If you could help me with your
prayers and support of any amount, no amount is too small, it
will be an answer to my prayers and I know God will bless you
and credit the souls that are won to your account in heaven.

Please pray for the needs of these inmates:

Jason - His family
William - That the LORD will give him courage to witness.
Dennis - The the LORD will provide healing to his family.
David - His son's salvation.
Johnny - His 3 daughters.
Ray - His children and inlaws.
Matthew - His girlfriend's salvation.

Our electricity is scheduled to be shut off by next week if we
do not the electric company $174.43. Please consider helping us
with this desperate need.

I pray that God will bless you and the church you attend, and give
you the desire to see these souls in heaven with us.

I have put together a website that will give you more information
about this ministry. I will update the website and keep you
informed on how God touches lives and blesses this ministry as
often as I can: roygiles.com

Roy Giles Outreach Ministries
rgiles at roygiles.com
If you wish to be removed from list.
remove at roygiles.com

Our bank can handle foreign currencies.

To donate by Credit Card go to: roygiles.com and click the
Donate Button.

If you send us a gift by mail, please email and let us know.

Thank you and May God bless you,

Roy Giles Outreach Ministries
1802 Pleasant Valley Ste 100-273
Garland, TX USA 75040