the VALtUoM

Hagan Tsang hagan at us.wmmercer.com
Tue May 9 13:57:52 CEST 2006

web site <http://ca.geocities.com/SanRisLibbyKnap/>

In what way have I earned such a gift, O hobbit? said the king.
Well, er, I thought, dont you know, said Bilbo rather confused,
that, er, some little return should be made for your, er, hospitality.
I mean even a burglar has his feelings. I have drunk much of your wine
and eaten much of your bread.
I will take your gift, O Bilbo the Magnificent! said the king
gravely. And I name you elf-friend and blessed. May your shadow never
grow less (or stealing would be too easy)! Farewell!
Then the elves turned towards the Forest, and Bilbo started on his
long road home.
He had many hardships and adventures before he got back. The Wild was
still the Wild, and there were many other things in it in those days
besides goblins; but he was well guided and well guarded-the wizard was