the CtyALlS

Evgeni Martell evgeu at tsomokos.gr
Tue May 9 22:39:51 CEST 2006

web site <http://zamerigalop.com>

Come on! Come on! cried the others. Let us follow Balms path! Under
the rocky wall to the right there was no path, so on they trudged among
the stones on the left side of the river, and the emptiness and
desolation soon sobered even Thorin again. The bridge that Balin had
spoken of they found long fallen, and most of its stones were now only
boulders in the shallow noisy stream; but they forded the water without
much difficulty, and found the ancient steps, and climbed the high bank.
After going a short way they struck the old road, and before long came
to a deep dell sheltered among the rocks; there they rested for a while
and had such a breakfast as they could, chiefly cram and water. (If you
want to know what cram is, I can only say that I dont know the recipe;
but it is biscuitish, keeps good indefinitely, is supposed to be
sustaining, and is certainly not entertaining, being in fact very