Requesting info on if WinXP software (games, music, videos, etc.) can be used on PLD?

i-die-4-u at comcast.net i-die-4-u at comcast.net
Sun May 27 01:46:34 CEST 2007

Greetings,

     I am new to Linux, and am excited to try and be freed from the slavery of
Microsoft.  However I also am very poor and can not afford to lose all of the
files I have collected on Win XP Home.  Games, Documents, Multimedia, eMule,
Azureus, as well as others such as my favorites and bookmarks.  There are so
many things I am afraid of losing that I am not sure if Linux of any variety
would be better than my WIN XP Home Edition.  So, is there any way to port or
use as is any of (or all of) my numerous Win XP files?  And what would be a good
start for me to learn Linux (PLD?) code?  I do not have ANY programing
experiance at all.  Please help me understand what I will need to know and do.

                   Thank you very much!  -  Christopher William Turner,
Puyallup, Washington State, USA  i-die-4-u at comcast.net