Donations for a new linux distribution

Paul Grinberg gri6507 at gmail.com
Thu May 21 15:09:28 CEST 2009

Hello,

My name is Paul Grinberg. I am one of the developers for a new Linux
distribution called Unity Linux (http://www.unity-linux.org). As we are
trying to ramp up to our first alpha release, we discovered a number of
underlying infrastructure needs associated with going public. One such item
is how we should organize from the financial side (i.e. should we form a
non-profit? could be become associated with some other organization? what do
other distributions do? etc). I was wondering if you would be able to shed
some light on this topic for us. Any information would be most appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Paul Grinberg,
Unity Linux developer (Gri6507).